Hello, Wright families!
We have had a great start to our school year – it has been wonderful to have our kindergarten students join us this week! We appreciate everyone’s patience as we continue to iron out our systems, especially during arrival and dismissal. Here are a few reminders to help everything run smoothly:
- There is no adult supervision on our campus until 7:35 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and 8:35 on Wednesdays. If you need to drop your student off earlier than that, please be advised that there is no supervision.
- Doors open in the morning at 7:40 (8:40 on Wednesdays) for students to pick up breakfast from the cafeteria or go straight to class.
- We begin dismissing students promptly at 2:20 each day. Traffic tends to back up when cars arrive too early, so we ask that you plan to pick up by car no earlier than 2:20.
- If you are planning to walk and pick up your student, please check in with our staff at the north end of the building on the grassy hill.
- If you want your student to walk home with a sibling, friend, or unaccompanied, let us know and we will dismiss them through the cafeteria.
State law requires schools to conduct two lockdown drills per year. Schools will be conducting a lockdown drill within the first two weeks of the school year, and again within the first two weeks after winter break. These drills will not be a simulation of a threat and are not intended to scare students. We do want students to take the drills seriously so they are familiar with lockdown routines and procedures. We are also required to conduct monthly fire drills, with the first drilled scheduled within the first two weeks of school.
If you have safety concerns, or notice any gaps in our security, then please call our office and let us know. As parents, you have a valuable perspective that can help improve safety procedures. As gaps are identified, we will continuously refine and improve our lockdown procedures.
Thank you for your partnership and for entrusting your students to us each day!